So, let’s get this thing rolling shall we?
First off, let's talk about the elephant in the room. Will we ever see the stompz reset this year?
The answer to that question is a solid YES. We plan to run a closed beta starting the 23rd of December over the course of two weeks.
Why a closed beta, and how can I join?
Well, we have a number of custom plugins in our arsenal that we'd like to playtest on you guys. (You'll see what these are as you play.) So, to make it worth your time, we want to host an event/competition of sorts.
Next up, in order to join the closed beta you either have to establish a town via a Town Creation post that you can create on the forums, or apply to one of the towns that have been established. Town Creation/Recruitment threads will be located ‘Here’
You might be wondering whether there are any acceptance requirements at this point, and the answer to that is yes.
Simply put, towns must have a minimum of four members.
That's it. Simple, convenient, easy to understand. Gotta love simple sentences am i right?
What does this Closed beta event entail?
After the end of the Open Beta (The closed beta will end after two weeks), a hand-picked number of staff members will review each and every town that you guys have founded on Stompz and award them based upon a predetermined criteria. The top three will be gifted ten thousand stompz each which should provide you with a considerable head start in the new world. And that's not all folks, they'll also be rewarded with a space in Portal Hub. A good old, established portal space.
What is an established portal you ask?
Well, these are special plots of land around the entrance of our spawn’s Portal Hub that have very high requirements to purchase, such as an X amount of residents, an X number of plots owned, and a notable amount of effort put into them. In addition, they cost quite a lot of Stompz to own.
So how do you make it into the top three?
Ha, bet you thought I forgot this. Here’s that predetermined criteria I was on about earlier:
- How many residents you’ve recruited
- How much money your town has made
- How many chunks your town has claimed
- And finally, how your town looks.
Next up, we'd like to share the plans that we've been working from to date. After the numerous hiccups we’ve had-trying to work on past projects and what not-and the many meetings we held, we’ve figured out that we took on projects that were just a little too much for us to handle in our current situation.
So here's what we’ve figured, we need to shift our focus back to Stompz itself. Focusing all our ideas and implementing them into the Stompz main world is now our main priority.
Well, here it is. The #makestompzcraftgreatagain RoadMap.
- REVAMPED SPAWN (95% COMPLETE)
- REVAMPED TUTORIAL ISLAND (85% COMPLETE)
- STABLE 1.12 SERVER (CURRENTLY RUNNING WITH ALL PLAYER DATA SUCCESSFULLY TRANSFERRED)
- PLUGIN STABILITY CHECK (plugin installation underway)
- ECONOMY OVERHAUL (Currently W.I.P)
- CLOSED BETA (Estimated release 23rd of December)
- NEW STOMPZCRAFT INTRODUCTION VIDEO (To be filmed)
- OPEN BETA (Two weeks after Closed Beta)
- MONTHLY DEVELOPMENT BLOGS
- MONTHLY PLAYER AND TOWN SPOTLIGHTS
- BUILD COMP 2018 (To be announced)
- STOMPZCRAFT ADVENTURE UPDATE: STAGE ONE (To be announced)
- STOMPZCRAFT ADVERTISEMENT PUSH (Talks in progress)
- STOMPZCRAFT ADVENTURE UPDATE: STAGE TWO (To be announced)
This post would be far too long to do an in depth, detailed break down of each point, so the next post you guys will be seeing here will focus on just that.
And that's a wrap folks! Thanks for reading guys, and have a great night!