Hello Stomperz, the time is near but there are a few things to cover.
Since we’re trying to obtain as many testers as possible, we’ll be changing up whitelisting. Everyone will be able to apply for whitelisting through the discord channel #StompzBeta_Whitelisting. All you need to do is drop your Ingame name in the channel with correct spelling.
For anyone that has applied to make a town or has applied for a town will be automatically added to the whitelist. We’re sorry for the inconvenience but deeply appreciate the interest and support you’ve shown for stompz.
Click the image:
STOMPZ CLOSED BETA STARTS AT 5:30pm EST
So in the light of all the exciting things we have planned for the future, there is one more feature we want to surprise you with. Now before we get into it, yes, we understand how big of a change this will be from the normal Stompz feel, but we assure you that it will be a key step in bringing Stompz back on top, and truly bringing us back to our roots of the old old Stompz.
Some of you may have figured it out by now, but yes, we plan to add PvP into the main world of Stompzcraft! Now we understand the concerns many of you are going to have, and as always we are 100% transparent and open to community feedback, so please do share with us what you think!
To help clear up some air, we’ve put together a list of pro’s and con’s that implementing PvP will have on the community, and how this will change how you play. So then, let’s see what we got!
- The current Towny player base across Minecraft is decreasing, but still has a strong following and dedication. PvP is extremely popular among that community, and adding it will attract many of the players, and bring them to our humble Stompz home.
- This will create a more immersive experience, and bring back the feeling of Vanilla minecraft with a twist that was so popular back in Towny golden age
- Some of you may remember back in the really old days of Stompzcraft’s infancy, we had PvP enabled in the main world. This was the time that Stompzcraft was at it’s highest peak, and we’d really be going back to our roots
- It will allow you to have all those little brawls that you always wanted to - but never could with your friends!
- It will encourage cooperation between friends, stay alive together, adventure!
- It will give the Towny gamemode more depth, and a feeling of more realism, as well as encourage kingdoms to compete and rise to prominence
- Taking the last point and flipping it, yes, it will feel a bit more competitive with PvP, but we are working to do everything we can to limit that
- Possible loss of items - but then again, who hasn’t died a million times forgetting to turn fly on ;)
- Trollers - Oh the infamous kill trolling. Discussions are up now about how we will limit this, and we can assure you we won’t turn a blind eye to this one
- Fights over resources - We highly doubt with how close our current community is that this would be a problem, but it’s always a possibility
- Change - Change is good, however we realize and accept that this will make Stompz feel different than what many of you are used to
Look forward to another home page post about the current state of the of closed beta, right after the release.
we're so tired....